The Facebook Messenger application has been known widely as an app for texting and chatting with other users of the platform.
It has made communication way easier among friends and family as compared to when it was only the Facebook platform that existed.
It is not an application that seems heavy on visuals like Instagram and the Facebook app, hence the question of the extent to which certain visual features can be enjoyed on the platform may arise.
One of these questions can be the possibility of viewing a movie or a clip on the app.
If you have ever wondered if you could watch a video on messenger, the answer to the question is a simple “Yes”.
So, yes, you can watch a video on messenger and you can do this very easily. To enhance the visual experience, there is an added special way to enjoy movies on the Messenger app.
Watching Videos Directly on Messenger
The Messenger application can be used for sharing videos. This covers lengthy or short clip videos. These shared videos can be watched directly from the application.
Sharing videos on the app is one of the simplest actions that can be carried out on the application.
All you need to do before proceeding is to ensure your cellular data is turned on or you are connected to a steady and good internet source.
How to Share Video on Messenger Application
There are two ways you can share videos on the Messenger app.
The steps below will guide you on how to share a video on the messenger platform using either of the two ways.
Option A: Sharing a Video From the Messenger App
You can share a video directly from the Messenger application to another user on the app. Here is how to do so:
Step 1: Launch the Messenger App.
You can simply tap on the Messenger application in the application section of your phone to launch the Messenger app if you are using a mobile device.
If you are using a Personal Computer, go to messenger.com to log into the application.
Step 2: Select the user you wish to share the video with
Once the application has been launched, on the home page of the app, select the user you wish to share the video with.
Do this by tapping or clicking on the name of the user to open the conversation section.
Step 3: Choose the video to send
You can select the video you wish to share in the conversation section that has been opened.
To do this, go to the bottom of the page and press the Gallery icon that looks like a picture. If on the mobile device it will be opened as a mini extension of the conversation page.
Swipe up or extend the page up by sliding upwards from where the Gallery page begins. This will make it easier to navigate through the gallery.
You can then scroll down and choose the video you wish to share.
Step 4: Send the video
Once you have selected the video you wish to share by tapping on it, press the share icon. This will automatically upload the video.
Option B: Sharing the Video From the Folder or Player
The second option of sharing a video on messenger seems like an easier option. The steps to do this are provided below:
- Go to the player or the folder where the video is saved.
- Tap on the relevant button depending on the player or folder.
- From the menu that will appear, select Share.
- Choose Messenger as the platform to share the video with.
- Select the user to share the video with.
After a video has been shared, if you are on the receiving end, you can then view the video.
See Also: How to Delete Someone From Messenger
How to watch a Video Directly on Messenger
To watch a video shared with you on Messenger, follow the steps below:
- Open the Messenger app.
- Look for the conversation with the shared video and tap on it to open it.
- Locate the video and click on it to begin to watch the video.
- Make sure you have a good internet source to make the video-watching experience smooth.
How to Download Video From Messenger and Watch it Later
Before now you could easily download a video from the messenger. As the download option was made available on the Messenger app when you opened a video on the app.
With the exclusion of the download option, downloading a video now may seem like a difficult task. Nonetheless, there are ways to have a video saved and viewed later.
How to Download a Messenger Video on a PC
Follow the steps below to have a video downloaded from the Messenger app using a Personal Computer.
- Launch the web browser on your computer.
- Go to the Facebook website facebook.com to log into your account.
- On the left panel, you will find See More. Click on it.
- Select Messenger to open the app.
- Open the chat that has the video.
- Double click on the video to open it to full screen.
- At the upper part of the menu bar, click on the download icon to have the video downloaded from the Messenger app to the PC.
How to Download a Messenger Video on Mobile
With a mobile device, you can still download and save video from Messenger. You can use several options to achieve this. Two will be explained below.
Using a Facebook Downloading Platform.
To do this, the following steps will guide you.
- Launch the Messenger app.
- Locate the chat with the video and open the chat.
- Open the video.
- Press and hold the video for some seconds till a menu is displayed.
- Select the option of saving to Facebook.
- Leave the Messenger app and launch the Facebook app.
- Tap on Menu.
- Tap Saved to see videos saved.
- Locate the Video saved from Messenger and tap on the More icon (•••)
- Copy the link to the video by selecting the option.
- Launch a Facebook Downloading platform and use the copied link to have the video downloaded to the device.
Save the Messenger Video on Camera Roll
This option allows you to save the video on the camera roll on the application.
Here is how to go about it:
- Launch the Messenger app.
- Locate the video.
- Press and hold the video for some seconds.
- Select Save from the options.
- This will save the video to the Camera Roll.
Watch Together Feature on Messenger
This feature is a recent addition to the Messenger platform. With Watch Together you get to not just watch a video but to watch the video with as many persons as you wish.
You need to make use of the Video call feature of the app or the “Create a room” function to access and enjoy the Watch Together feature.
How to Use the Watch Together feature on Messenger
- Open the Messenger app.
- Either proceed to the chat of the user you wish to call or “Create a room”.
- When you open the chat, make a video call by selecting the video call icon at the top of the chat page.
- Make a swipe upwards to display the menu.
- Tap on Watch Together.
- Choose the video from any of the categories; “Tv & Movies”, “Watched” or “Uploaded”.
Can You Watch a Video on Messenger FAQs?
Is the Watch Together feature on Messenger only enabled on mobile?
The Watch Together feature is enabled on both mobile devices and Personal Computers.
To access the feature using a PC, you have to log into the Messenger platform and make use of the Watch Together feature directly on the platform.
Why can I not make use of the Watch Together Feature on the Messenger app?
Several things have to be in place to enable the use of the feature. The primary one is that there must be an ongoing video call or room call.
There has to be a good and stable internet source.
You may not be able to make a call because you have not enabled the audio and camera usage of the Messenger app. This can as well make it impossible to make use of Watch Together.
Grant permission to the app to access the audio and camera features of the device to be able to make a video call on the app.
On Messenger, you can have the delight of watching videos and sharing them with others.
You can as well have the amazing experience of watching a video with a friend or family member on the app using the Watch Together feature.
So for the question of ” Can you watch a video on Messenger?” The answer is “Yes”.
- How to Fix ”You Have Been Temporarily Blocked from Performing this Action” on Messenger
- Why Can’t I See Last Active on Facebook Messenger
- How to Remove Suggested People on Messenger
- How to Turn off Video Calls on Facebook Messenger
- How to Fix Messenger Not Sending Messages
- How to Fix Messenger Black Screen