TikTok is a social media platform that most people use for creating, sharing, and also discovering short videos.
Most young people have gotten to love this app because it makes it easier for them to express themselves through singing, lip-syncing, and dancing.
The fun fact here is that its users are allowed to create videos and share them across different social media platforms.
You might have different reasons why you want to delete your TikTok account.
If you have forgotten the password to your TikTok account, we can still help you delete your account without a password.
However, if you have other recovery items like your username, mobile phone number, and email address but no password, you should not just give up on that account.
There are still ways to have access to your TikTok account without a password.
In this article, I will walk you through how to delete TikTok account without a password.
How to Delete TikTok Account Without Password
First of all, you really need to be sure about this. Because deleting your TikTok account equals losing your information and all your videos.
So once you delete your TikTok account, there is absolutely no way to get all of your information restored.
But that shouldn’t make you panic because TikTok offers thirty days of Grace, just in case you change your mind about deleting your account.
If you are so sure about this, the steps below will be of great help to you if you are trying to delete your TikTok account without a password.
You have to find a way to log in to your account before you can delete it.
1. Retrieve Your TikTok Password
- Launch any browser of your choice and log in to www.tiktok.com
- Input your former TikTok username and any password you can remember. ( Now we know you can’t remember the password, but just go ahead to enter the password you think is correct).
- You won’t get logged in because the password you entered was incorrect. A “Forgot Password” option will be displayed on your screen, click on it and continue.
- Type in the mobile phone number you used to create your TikTok account.
- An SMS that contains your account recovery code will be sent to you. All you need to do is just to copy the code and paste it in the space that’s provided.
- If all that has been done successfully, you can change your password and be sure you take note of it this time.
Deleting Your TikTok Account
After you have successfully recovered your password, the next step is to delete the TikTok account.
Follow the steps below to get that done.
- Login to your TikTok account with your username and the new password you successfully acquired.
- Now you have accessed your personal TikTok account.
- Tap on the ”TikTok deletes your account” page that will be displayed.
- List your reasons why you want to delete your account.
- Click on the ”permanently delete my account” option to complete the entire process.
- You might want to confirm if your TikTok account has been deleted by trying to log in to the account again.
2. Make Use of The TikTok Help Center
This is yet another option you can use to delete your TikTok account without a password.
- Launch the browser of your choice and log in to the TikTok customer care representative.
- Now follow the steps that will be displayed, in order to delete your TikTok account.
You can also check out the detailed steps to contact a TikTok customer representative.
How to Delete the TikTok Account on the Computer?
The steps you need to follow to delete your TikTok account on your computer are almost similar to that on your mobile phone.
You just need to make sure that the verification method of either your phone or email isn’t out of reach.
Carefully follow the steps below.
- Launch any browser of your choice.
- Visit the Tiktok website.
- Log in to your TikTok account.
- Click on the profile icon situated at the top right corner of your screen.
- Click on the settings option from the list that will come up.
- Tap the Delete account button under Manage account. Once the settings and privacy screen pop up, you’ll have access to the delete account option just under the managed account.
- Click continue. A pop-up message will come up with warnings. You can decide to read it but click on continue at the end.
- Type in the verification code Tiktok will send to your phone number/email.
- Click on delete account.
- Confirm Account Deletion.
Click on the confirm button to be sure that your Tiktok account has been successfully deleted.
You should also know that if you didn’t back up the videos on this account, they will be deleted as well.
It’s best to back up your videos if you still need them.
What Happens When You Delete YourTikTok Account?
Once your TikTok account has been deleted, your account will be displayed as “deactivated” to other users. Your account will be deactivated temporarily for just a period of thirty days.
You can reactivate your account within this period, once it’s more than thirty days you won’t get it back.
Delete TikTok Account Without a Password FAQs
Here are frequently asked questions on how to get rid of TikTok account without a password.
How Can I Delete My TikTok Account without logging in?
When trying to delete your account on TikTok, if you forgot your login details and can’t have access to your TikTok account, the reset password option will come through.
Click on the “forgot password” link that can be found on your TikTok sign-up page. With that, you will be able to set a new password and delete your old TikTok account with your new login details.
How can I delete a TikTok account without a phone number?
It’s a common thing to sometimes forget the phone number you used to create your TikTok account.
That’s why it’s best to link your TikTok account to any other social media platform of your choice. With this, you can use the link to delete your TikTok account.
Just to be on the safe side, a login credential will be demanded to confirm the deletion. Go ahead to add your email address to your TikTok profile, it can be helpful to completely delete your TikTok account.
How can I delete someone else’s Tiktok account?
There’s no specific way to get this done. But you have the freedom to report the account of the user whose account you want to delete.
Reporting an account isn’t a sure way to get an account deleted. Whenever an account is deleted, TikTok reviews the account and it might get suspended.
Once TikTok finds the account going against its policy, then your report might help TikTok delete the account.
Why can’t I delete my TikTok account?
Oh well, if you’ve been wondering why you can’t delete your TikTok account, there might just be a few reasons.
First off, you need to know that TikTok will only delete your account after 30 days of deactivation.
That means if you are trying to access your TikTok account within that stipulated time frame, it won’t get deleted.
Why did TikTok delete my account?
TikTok has access to delete accounts that have failed to abide by the terms and conditions provided by the app.
It’s either you probably used your account to post objectionable materials, or maybe your account was reported as spam that violated copyright laws.
How can I delete my banned TikTok account?
You can delete your TikTok account even when it has been banned. If you’re sure about losing the entire data on your account, then we can help. Follow the steps below.
- Launch the TikTok app and sign in to your account.
- Click on the three lines located at the top left corner of your screen.
- Take a scroll down and click on “settings”.
- Click on “Delete Account”.
- Type your password and hit the “Delete account” option.
With the steps mentioned above, you definitely will be able to delete your banned TikTok account without issues.
No, it’s no magic. You can delete your TikTok account without a password.
Trying to delete your Tiktok account without a password might be a bit challenging, but I hope the steps in the article made it easier to accomplish.
Now you can get that TikTok account deleted without getting worried about password issues.
- How to Clear Your TikTok Search History
- TikTok No Network Connection Error: How to Fix It
- How to Tell if Someone Has Two Snapchat Accounts
- TikTok Liked Videos Disappeared? Here’s Why & The Fix - October 23, 2022
- How to Find Unread Messages on Messenger - October 14, 2022
- How to Delete TikTok Account Without a Password - October 4, 2022
1 thought on “How to Delete TikTok Account Without a Password”
Comments are closed.