Details of the videos that you have watched and downloaded are available and accessible in your search history.
Anyone that has access to your device can get to see all your TikTok searches.
If this is something that you are not comfortable with, then, you do not have to allow those details to remain accessible.
You can have them cleared from your search history.
How to go about this depending on the kind of device you are using will be discussed in this guide.
You will learn different ways to clear your TikTok search history including your downloaded history and drafts.
In this guide, two methods of clearing TikTok search history is being explained.
One is doing so directly from the TikTok app; the other is doing so from the Settings application of your device.
What is TikTok Search History
When you make a search and see a video on TikTok, it is saved in your TikTok search history.
So, the TikTok search history can be regarded as a place where a duplicate copy of all the videos as well as details of other activities that you carried out on TikTok is saved.
These data include the comments that you have made on other people’s videos, likes, searches, videos viewed, those you follow etc.
As you continue performing one activity or the other, your TikTok history is being built.
Over time, when your cache has a lot of data, it will affect the smooth functioning of your application.
This is a good reason why you should have your cache/history cleared once in a while.
How to Clear Search History on TikTok From the App
You can easily have your TikTok search history deleted directly from the application.
The process is similar in both iOS devices and Androids and is described below.
- The first thing to do is to launch the TikTok application from your mobile device.
- Afterwards, go to the bottom of the screen and press the mirror icon which is the discovery tab. This will launch the search window.
- Tap on the search bar as though you want to search for something, and then the recent searches suggestion as well as a clear all prompts will appear.
- Select the clear all prompt to clear your search history.
- You will be requested to confirm the action. Doing so will complete the process.
How to Clear TikTok Search History From Settings
You can clear the TikTok cache from the settings of your application if you do not wish to make use of the method explained above.
Doing this will not only delete your search history but will equally clear files and duplicate data that are present in your TikTok.
This will have a good effect on the overall performance of your mobile app.
Here is how to clear your search history on TikTok from the settings of your application.
- Launch the TikTok platform by pressing the TikTok application or logging into your account using a web browser.
- Locate the Profile icon at the bottom part of your screen and launch your profile by tapping on the profile icon.
- Launching your profile will lead you to the section of your account where you will see the contents that you have published and TikTok video drafts plus your TikTok settings.
- To open the Settings section, press the three-lined icon located at the top-right part of the profile page.
- Move down the page, go to the Cache and Cellular data section and locate the Free Up Space
- You will find the Clear button beneath the Cache section. Tap the button.
- Then, confirm the action and finalize the process by pressing the Clear button that will be displayed.
How to Clear Downloaded History on TikTok
Every video you download on the TikTok platform is stored in the memory of the app.
To clear out these download data, you can follow the steps below.
- Open the TikTok application or make use of the web-based version of TikTok to access the platform.
- Move to the bottom part of the screen and tap on the Profile icon located to the right.
- This will launch your profile and provide you access to the menu icon which is an icon of three horizontal lines that are vertically arranged.
- Press the menu icon and select Settings from the options available.
- In the Settings section, locate the Free Up Space button and launch the option.
- When you launch the Free Up Space option, you will find different sections. Go to the download section and press the Clear option that is under this section.
- You will need to press the Clear button that will be displayed to complete the process of deleting your TikTok download history.
How to Clear Drafts History on TikTok
Videos that you have drafted and are yet to publish are saved as drafts in your TikTok memory.
If you continually do this and these videos accumulate, it will affect the efficiency of the application.
It is best to clear these drafts to free up space in the app and have the performance of the application heightened.
The steps below will serve as a guide for you to clear your draft history on TikTok.
- Launch the TikTok platform using the web-based version via your browser or using your mobile application.
- Open your TikTok profile. Do this by pressing the profile icon that is located at the base of the homepage that is displayed when you launch your profile.
- To open the Settings section of the account, launch the menu page. To open the menu, press the menu icon which is represented by three horizontal lines that are arranged vertically.
- Under the Settings section, select the Free Up Space button to open the sections where you can free up space.
- Select the Drafts section from the different sections that are available.
- Choose the video that you wish to delete, and press and hold the video for some seconds.
- From the options that will pop up, select the Delete Draft option and go on to the next step.
- Press the Delete button to finalize the process and have the draft deleted. You can follow this process to delete as many draft videos as you would want to delete.
- To save yourself the stress of deleting many draft videos manually, go to the top right part of the page and initiate the Select button.
- Then, tick the videos that you wish to delete before selecting the Delete option.
How to Clear Tiktok Search History FAQs
What does “Clear cache” mean on TikTok?
Clearing of cache on TikTok is simply you deleting the files and duplicated data that are present in the memory of your TikTok account.
Doing this will increase the speed of your mobile and in general increase the overall performance of your TikTok account and clear up space in the memory of the application and your device.
Does deleting TikTok delete your drafts?
Once you uninstall the TikTok application from your device, you will lose the videos that you have saved as drafts in your TikTok account.
If you wish to prevent your drafts from being deleted, save them to your local storage.
Clearing your TikTok cache will help to keep your app running smoothly.
Otherwise, you will begin to have issues when the app memory has accumulated a lot of files especially if you are using an Android device.
Go to the Settings section of your account and under the Free Up Space feature delete the data you wish to delete from the relevant sections.