If you have been facing the challenge of your TikTok videos disappearing, then you have found the fix in this article.
We will help you get the issue fixed and also let you know what must have led to it.
TikTok is one of the most popular social media platforms, and a large number of users have suddenly come to love it.
There is so much content on TikTok, ranging from different topics that include motivational Videos, comedy, and even educational videos.
To like a video on TikTok, you just have to talk on the heart located at the top right corner of the video, or double-tap any part of the video.
The kind of videos you constantly like will suddenly start showing up on your For You page.
It can be frustrating when your liked videos disappear, and so many people have this experience.
In this article, you’ll get to know the reasons for your disappeared TikTok videos and the easiest way to get them fixed.
Reasons Why Your TikTok Liked Videos Disappeared
As a TikTok user, then you definitely must enjoy the short interesting videos on the app.
On TikTok, users can easily communicate with themselves either by posting video clips on their profiles or the profiles of other creators.
Just like every other social media platform, TikTok has been known to have rules that guide the kind of content that’s allowed and prohibited.
Any of the reasons below might be a cause of your liked TikTok videos disappearing.
1. Your TikTok Liked Videos Might Either be Private or Restricted
The truth is that you might not even be aware of this. This means that you are the only one that has access to your liked videos and the videos you have liked as well.
You will also be able to see the liked videos of the people you are following and the ones that follow you back.
So if your liked videos are private or restricted and none of the conditions above is met, then the video will no longer come up on your newsfeed.
To Fix this, keep reading.
2. You’ve Not Logged In to Your TikTok Account
If you haven’t logged in to your TikTok account, then there’s absolutely no way you’re going to have access to the videos you liked on TikTok.
You don’t have any other option but to log into your TikTok account if you want to watch your liked videos again at any time.
3. Your liked Video(s) Might Have Violated the TikTok Guidelines
If your liked videos on TikTok suddenly disappeared, then there’s a probability that the videos violated the guidelines provided by TikTok.
To be sure that the video wasn’t taken down by TikTok, you can use Google trends to know if a third-party website was involved.
To stop your TikTok likes from disappearing, then you should try as much as possible to follow the guidelines TikTok provided.
4. The Issue Of TikTok Liked Videos Limit
This has not been confirmed by TikTok, but users believe that there’s a limit to the number of liked videos that can be seen on your profile at the same time.
In my study, it seems accurate because when liked videos go beyond a certain number, the previously liked Videos always tend to disappear.
This hasn’t been verified by TikTok yet. It’s just a belief that most TikTok users have been able to come up with.
We will share a few tips on how to fix the issue of liked TikTok videos disappearing. I know how frustrating this can be.
Hopefully, the methods below will help a lot.
How to Fix TikTok Liked Videos Disappearing
Below are the ways to fix TikTo liked videos disappearing.
1. Check TikTok Server Status
This is the very first thing to do because you need to be sure that TikTok’s servers are okay.
If it has an issue, then that could be a reason why your TikTok Videos keep disappearing.
Perhaps TikTok’s servers have issues, it will be quite impossible to view liked videos and even other videos on your feed.
I can guess you’re already wondering how you’ll know if the TikTok servers are working very well or not.
Go to DownDetector, there’s a page for TikTok Server. You can use that to check if the TikTok servers are working perfectly or not.
If the servers are okay, then you will have to try out ways, but if they are having some issues then you have to wait for the servers to come back online.
2. Make Your Liked Videos Visible to Others
If you’ve been receiving complaints from other TikTok users, about not being able to view your liked videos on TikTok.
It is possible that your privacy settings for liked videos were set to “Only Me”.
That might be one of the reasons why your liked videos can be seen by only you, but others might think they keep disappearing.
Except if you intentionally want to keep the list of your liked videos on TikTok private, that’s fine.
But if you’re interested in making your liked videos public, then carefully follow the steps below.
- To get started, open your TikTok app and choose the Me option from the menu at the lower-right corner of your screen.
- Click on the three dots symbol just at the top right corner of your screen, then you’ll be able to access the Settings and privacy options.
- Choose Privacy.
- Under the safety, click on Liked Videos.
- Select one option. Now your liked videos will be seen by everyone.
3. Check Your Internet Connection
The truth about TikTok is that it needs a very good internet connection to work very well because it’s a platform that comprises videos.
A low internet speed won’t let the day’s retrieval process go smoothly which might cause the liked videos tab not to load.
To make it easier, you can visit Fast.com to test your internet connection so you can know what is causing the problem.
If your internet connection is not so good, there are ways to handle it and improve your internet connection.
The steps below will serve as a guide:
- Turn on Airplane mode on your device, and turn it off after a few seconds.
- If you’re using your mobile data, you have to be sure that you have an active data plan.
- If you’re making use of your WiFi, reset your router/modem.
- Rebooting your device can also help fix this problem.
4. Sign Out and Sign in to Your TikTok Account Again
This is just another way to fix the issue of your liked TikTok videos disappearing.
If you can’t figure out why you are experiencing this problem, then the fault might be from the TikTok app.
To Fix this issue, you have to sign out of your TikTok account and sign in again.
Try liking a video of a user or follower that you’ve liked before, to know if the problem persists.
5. Restart Your Phone
If the steps we mentioned above didn’t work for you, then you should restart your phone.
Restarting your phone will enable all the apps to close and also clear out some memory space that can be used up by other apps.
6. Clear the Cache on the TikTok App
TikTok makes use of cache data to come up with its algorithm for every user’s preferences.
At the same time, when the cache builds up it might cause damage to the app’s data that will lead to malfunctioning.
There are two ways to get the cache issue on TikTok solved, and they include:
The Use Of TikTok App Settings
TikTok comes with a cache-cleaning feature that easily helps fix this problem. Here’s how to use the TikTok app settings:
- Open the app and select Me from the menu that’s located at the lower right-hand corner of your screen.
- Click on the three dots situated at the upper right corner, to have access to the settings and privacy options
- Select the clear cache option just under the cache and cellular data
Through The Device System Settings (Android)
With an Android device, this method is even more helpful because you’ll get to delete more app cache and data with your system settings.
The guide below will help.
- Open the settings app and click on Apps and Notification.
- Choose TikTok from the list of apps that will come up
- Once you’ve done that, select Storage and Cache.
- Click on Clear Cache, and then Clear Data.
7. Reinstall the TikTok App
There are so many factors that could cause some apps to malfunction and hence tend to reduce the capabilities of their features.
If all the steps above just didn’t work for you, then you’ll need to clean up all your outdated and corrupted data.
The best option here will be to reinstall the app. To get that done:
- Locate the TikTok app from either your home screen or app list.
- Tap and long-press it to access the selection menu.
- Click on the uninstall or delete App option
- To reinstall, go to the App store on iOS or PlayStore on Android and get the app reinstalled.
This particular method will help you get the latest version of the TikTok app, with no piled-up data that might cause app malfunction.
TikTok Liked Videos Disappeared FAQs
Below are some of the frequently asked questions on why Tiktok liked videos not showing.
Why did all my liked videos on TikTok disappear?
There are many reasons why all your liked videos on TikTok disappeared. Some of them include; restrictions on the liked videos, you are not logged into your account, the video may have gone against the guidelines etc.
Does deleting TikTok videos affect likes?
Yes, when a TikTok video is deleted, all engagement including likes and comments will be deleted alongside.
Why are my liked TikToks gone?
There are many reasons why all your liked videos on TikTok disappeared. Some of them include; restriction on the liked videos, you are not logged in to your account, video may have gone against the guidelines etc.
Did TikTok remove liked videos?
I can relate to how frustrating it can be when your TikTok Liked Videos just keep disappearing.
We’ve carefully listed out some tips that will be of great help.
I hope this article has been able to answer the question of why your liked videos disappear on TikTok and just the best ways to get it fixed.
Now you can get back that amazing TikTok experience.
- How to Delete TikTok Account Without a Password
- Why is my TikTok Not Getting Views? How to Fix it
- How to Clear Your TikTok Search History
- TikTok Liked Videos Disappeared? Here’s Why & The Fix - October 23, 2022
- How to Find Unread Messages on Messenger - October 14, 2022
- How to Delete TikTok Account Without a Password - October 4, 2022