Snapchat is one of the major social platforms for advertisement and digital marketing.
It has picture sharing as its core feature as it started as an application for photo sharing. Typically, every user of the Snapchat platform is entitled to an account.
However, some users have now found a way around operating more than one account on the platform.
You might want to find out if your friend is operating more than one account and may wonder how to go about it. This article will put you through how to know if someone has more than one on Snapchat.
Snapchat has its regulation as it pertains to operating more than one account.
You are not allowed to use one username for more than one account nor can you operate two accounts on the same device simultaneously.
To create an account you will need a phone number and mail that have not been used to open an account on the Snapchat platform.
This is one of the reasons why it may seem as though it will be difficult to know if a user is operating more than one account.
How to Tell if Someone Has Two Snapchat Accounts
There are several ways to check if an account is being operated by a user who has another account of which you are aware. Find out these ways in this guide as explained below:
Look For a Similar Display Name
For most users operating more than one Snapchat account the name displayed across the different accounts may be the same or slightly similar.
This means that you can use the display name of the user in the account you are sure of to check against the account you are suspecting is being operated by the same user.
- Just search for the username of the account you are sure of.
- Tap on it to open the account.
- Look out for the display name in the account.
- Go to the suspected account.
- Open the account and cross-check the display name in the first account against this other account. A similarity in the display name is indicative of the same user as the operator of both accounts.
See Also: How to Find Someone’s Phone Number on Snapchat
Synchronize the Contact of the User on Snapchat
If you have the phone number of the user saved on your device, you can make use of this to check if the user is operating more than one account on Snapchat.
How to do this is explained below:
- Ensure the contact of the user is saved on your device.
- Sync the contact with Snapchat.
- Open your Snapchat account.
- Go to the list of your friends to be added. The user might appear with different accounts and usernames and possibly, the same profile picture.
Block the User
Blocking the user on the platform can be another way to find out if they operate more than one account. You might wonder how this would work.
Well, it is simple.
- All you have to do is to ensure you have the contact of the user saved on your device, then, block them.
- Afterwards, relaunch your Snapchat app and open the “Add friends icon” found in the upper right corner of the page.
- If the user has another account, it will appear on the “Quick Add” section of the account displaying a different username.
You can unblock them after you have gotten the answer you need.
You can check your “Quick Add” section to find out if you will see an account with a similar username to that of the account of the user you feel is operating two accounts.
Chances are that if the user is operating another account, there will most likely be a similarity in the mutual friends of both accounts, and possibly, a similarity in the username.
Another way to make use of this feature is to directly ask the mutual friends that you and the user in question share.
One or two of your mutual friends can confirm if the user is operating more than one account.
See Also: How To Automatically Save Snapchat Stories
Check the Snap Score of the Suspected Account
A snap score is the score earned by users on the Snapchat platform after all the snaps they have received and sent are calculated. It is meant to show how active an account has been.
An older account is more likely to have a higher snap score than a newer account. So, you can check out the snap score of an account you are suspecting is a newer account of a user.
The first thing you have to do is become friends with this new account so that you can be permitted to check the snap score of the account.
If the score is low, especially in relation to the other account it is most likely another account by the user.
Check Out Snap Posts
Look for the recent posts made in the two different accounts. A similarity of posts is indicative of a user owning the two accounts.
This is because most times since the same user owns the two accounts, there will be almost similar content in the accounts. There is an exemption where the two accounts were created for separate purposes.
The content in each of the accounts might be unique to its account hence the posts may be different.
Make Use of Google
Google has always served to provide answers to a lot of questions. The question of whether a particular user has more than one Snapchat account might be answered on Google.
To make use of Google in finding out if a user has more than two snap chat accounts, do the following:
- Launch your web browser.
- On the search space provided by Google, type in your question. You can follow the format “Snapchat accounts of… (Include the name of the person)”.
- If the profile you suspect to be owned by the user is seen in the result section, then, it is evident that the account is owned by the user.
Ask the User
This is the easiest and the surest approach. You can simply ask the user in question to confirm if the person is operating more than one account.
How to Tell if Someone Has Two Snapchat Accounts FAQs
How can I check the snap score of an account that is not mine?
You can follow the steps below to check the snap score of another account.
- Tap on the chat of the account to open the conversation section.
- Launch the profile icon of the account through the messages you have shared or received from this person.
- A window will be displayed with the snap score in it. You can view it close to the username of the account.
How do I block a Snapchat account?
To block a Snapchat account, follow the steps below:
- Launch your Snapchat account.
- Open the friends’ section of your account by swiping to the right.
- Search for the account you wish to block.
- Press and hold the username of the account for some seconds.
- From the options that will be displayed, tap on More.
- Select Block from the list of options that will appear.
How do I unblock an account on Snapchat?
- Open your profile.
- At the top right corner of the page, select the gear icon.
- In the Settings that will be displayed, scroll down and select Blocked.
- You will see those persons that have been blocked.
- Search for the account you wish to unblock and press the “X” icon close to the username of the account and the account will be unblocked.
If you suspect that a user has more than one account on Snapchat, you can find out if your suspicion is true. There are different ways to do this.
You can ask the user directly, compare the recent post between the two accounts, make use of Google etc.
- Does Facebook Notify When You Screenshot a Picture or Story
- How to Turn Off Video Call on Messenger App
- How to Improve TikTok Video Quality
- TikTok Liked Videos Disappeared? Here’s Why & The Fix - October 23, 2022
- How to Find Unread Messages on Messenger - October 14, 2022
- How to Delete TikTok Account Without a Password - October 4, 2022
33 thoughts on “How to Tell if Someone Has Two Snapchat Accounts”
Comments are closed.