No one wants to create a video only for it to turn out to be of poor quality. For a TikTok video creator, having a video output of low quality is a big problem.
The fan base of a TikTok account is largely dependent on not just the content but the quality of the video produced.
You can create amazing video content yet not have the kind of feedback that you hope for due to the problem of poor video quality.
This guide provides solutions to this problem as it will address ways how to improve TikTok video quality.
To be able to adequately proper solutions to creating TikTok videos of poor quality, let’s examine different things that can give rise to this.
Causes of TikTok Videos of Poor Video
- Quality of Shooting device.
- TikTok Regulations.
- Server volume.
Quality of Shooting Device
The type of device used in shooting a TikTok video can affect the quality of the video.
The quality of the camera of the mobile phone or the camera being used plays a huge role in the output of the video as regards the quality.
The quality of a TikTok video increases with an increase in the level of the quality of the device.
TikTok has its regulations as it pertains to the creation and uploading of videos using the platform.
Every video that does not meet the expected video requirements can end up being of poor quality. Creating videos of the wrong video size, wrong codec type, and uploading videos of the wrong format can result in blurry and low-quality videos.
The right TikTok video requirements are:
- Size: The size requirement varies with the kind of device. For an android device: 75 MB. For an iOS device: 250 MB.
- Codec Type: H.264
- Resolution: 1080px * 1920px ratio
- Uploading format: MP4, Vertical format.
Having small or insufficient server space will affect the quality of a video created. A video of high quality needs a large or at least adequate server volume to enable this output.
Therefore, a limited server space will lead to a reduction in the video quality of a TikTok video.
Having a good camera device and keeping to the requirements for creating a good TikTok video is not enough to create a high-quality video.
A certain level of expertise is required to create videos of good quality.
Equipping oneself with skills will come in handy for a TikTok user who aims to monetize videos uploaded to the platform.
See Also: How to Change Phone Number On TikTok
How to Increase the Quality of TikTok Videos
Several things can be done before recording, after recording and while editing that can enhance the quality of a TikTok video.
Improve the Quality of TikTok Videos Before Recording
Before you commence recording, you can do the following to increase the output of the video to be recorded:
- Use a device with a good camera.
- If you are using a mobile device, make use of the rear camera instead of the front camera. This will increase the quality of the video recorded.
- Ensure that the Data Saver feature in your application is disabled. This is necessary because having the Data Saver option active will work to reduce the quality of the video in order to conserve the cellular data being spent. To turn Off Data Saver, follow the steps below:
- Open your TikTok application.
- Go to the Privacy and Settings section and tap on it to launch the section.
- Select “Cache and Cellular Data” from the Privacy and Settings menu.
- From the options displayed, toggle Data Saver to disable the feature.
- Close the app and relaunch to ensure that the video recording is not influenced by the Data Saver feature.
Improve the Quality of TikTok Videos After Recording
After recording your video, there are a few things that can help improve the quality of the TikTok video created before it is uploaded.
- Ensure the video created is best suited for the TikTok platform. If the TikTok video does not fit into the TikTok video requirement for the platform, it will not be of good quality. To do so, make sure the video size and video resolution are all of the required standards.
- While editing your video, it is best to use platforms that allow you to have your video saved on HD instead of having it saved directly on TikTok. This way, you can have the video saved in a higher resolution that meets the required 1080px standard. Afterwards, you can have it sent to your TikTok account. This will help to improve the quality of the video.
Improve The Quality of TikTok Videos Before Uploading
Some of the things that you could do before uploading a video on TikTok to improve the quality of the video include:
1. Ensure that you have access to a stable network connection. A poor internet connection can affect the quality of a video during the uploaded process.
2. Uploading a video in HD can serve to improve its quality as well. The steps to do this are provided below:
- Launch your TikTok account.
- Open the video to be uploaded.
- Tap the plus (+) icon.
- Go to Privacy and Settings
- Tap on More
- Select the option of uploading the video in HD.
- Tap on the option for uploading.
3. If you have a PC, another option that can improve the quality of your video while uploading it will be to do so with your PC by making use of a web browser. The steps below will serve as a guide for this procedure:
- Launch the TikTok website on your PC.
- Log into your account.
- Make use of the QR code option.
- Scan the QR code on your mobile app.
- Select the upload video icon.
- Choose the file you want to upload from.
- Select the video to be uploaded.
- Add a title to the selected video.
- Click on Post to upload the video.
See Also: How to See Who Watched Your YouTube Video
How to Improve TikTok Video Quality FAQs
Can I make use of websites that can provide TikTok videos to create and upload my video to the TikTok platform?
It is best to avoid websites that have higher quality TikTok videos if used to create TikTok videos. Most of these websites do not follow the TikTok video required standards.
This can lead to a video of poorer standards as a result of a breach in the standard of TikTok videos.
If my cellular data settings are in Data Saver, can this affect the quality of a TikTok video I create?
The Data Saver option was designed to manage the high use of data. TikTok videos of good quality consume a higher amount of data than Data Saver can allow.
Therefore, having your cellular data option configured for Data Saver can affect the quality of your TikTok video negatively.
Paying attention to the TikTok video content regulations is important when creating and uploading TikTok videos.
Learning other tips that can be relevant to increasing the quality of a TikTok video will better equip any TikTok user with the needed knowledge to enhance the quality of the TikTok videos produced.
Improving the quality of your TikTok video can lead to a huge increase in the number of your followers on TikTok.
This is important for all TikTok users but more important for a user that owns an account that is aimed at providing monetary dividends.
- How to Disable Comments on YouTube
- How to Remove Reels and Short Videos from Facebook
- How to Turn On Ad Authorization on TikTok
- How to See Who You Unfollowed on TikTok
- TikTok vs TikTok Lite: Which is Better?
- How to Make TikTok Account Private or Public
- TikTok Liked Videos Disappeared? Here’s Why & The Fix - October 23, 2022
- How to Find Unread Messages on Messenger - October 14, 2022
- How to Delete TikTok Account Without a Password - October 4, 2022
4 thoughts on “How to Improve TikTok Video Quality”
Comments are closed.