Recently, a lot of users are asking about how to cancel all sent follow requests on Instagram. With over 55 billion pictures uploaded on Instagram, it has become a very popular social media platform.
The success of any brand mainly depends on its visual search and how they are able to position this with their customers.
The number of users on Instagram is on the increase and more businesses have moved to the platform following the pandemic. It’s no more news that is a great place for businesses and individuals alike.
Instagram has also realized this growth and the need for privacy. They have introduced certain features particular for users privacy.
For example, users have the privilege to switch their accounts from public to private so that only their followers can view their content. You have to send a ‘follow request’ and it must be accepted for you to gain access to their Instagram profile and content.
So if you have sent a lot of requests to Instagram accounts that are private, and you no longer want to continue with it, how do you cancel such an Instagram request?
In this guide, you will learn how to all sent follow requests on Instagram easily.
Sounds good? Let’s get started.
How to Cancel All Sent Follow Requests on Instagram
To unsend follow requests on Instagram, follow the steps below:
How to Cancel All Sent Follow Requests on Instagram Website
Perhaps you might have sent bulk follow requests on Instagram, it might be very difficult to find each user that you sent such requests.
Below is how you can cancel Instagram follow request:
- Open your browser login to your Instagram account
- Tap on the ring-like icon beside the “edit profile” button
- Proceed to tap on the “Privacy and Security” from the menu and navigate to “View account data”
- Scroll to the “Connections” section to locate “current follow requests”. Tap on it to reveal the lists of Instagram users that you have sent follow request to
- You will see the usernames of those profiles that are yet to accept your request
- Go ahead to screencast the page or copy it on your notepad.
- Go back to your Instagram search bar to search for each of these usernames
- Navigate to the Instagram profile and tap on the “Cancel request” on the profile of the user.
This is the basic way to cancel Instagram follow requests. However, this can a tedious task for those that have sent over hundreds of Instagram requests.
How to Cancel All Sent Follow Requests on Instagram App
With this option, you don’t have to log in to your browser. It can be done directly on the Instagram app. Here’s how to cancel follow request from the Instagram app.
- Open your Instagram app
- Login to your account (if you’re yet to do so)
- Click on the profile icon positioned at the bottom of the screen
- Proceed to click on the hamburger icon (next to the “+” option) at the upper right of your profile
- Select Settings > Security from the options listed
- Click on the “Access Data” option below the “Data and History” tab
- Your profile information will appear here. Navigate down to the “connections” tab and locate the “current follow requests” option
- Click on View All
- Finally, you will see all the Instagram account that you have sent a follow request but have yet to accept.
- Go ahead and unsend the request
Note: Instagram only displays requests of the top 10 users. You can click on View More to access the full list. Still, you will have to copy the username and search them in your search bar to cancel them manually.
The process can really eat into your time as Instagram does not allow you to cancel more than 10 follow requests at a time. Hence, you will have to carry it out 10 times at once.
Following this guide on how to cancel all follow requests on Instagram, you should be able to unsend all of your follow requests.