We all know that WhatsApp is a messaging app and we are using it since its inception. It is very famous for the fact that it can share photos, videos, GIFs, etc.
We can see a lot of groups formed on social media which are used for chatting. Many people join these groups just for chatting or sharing their knowledge.
But some people have a habit of sending messages to the members of the group.
You may be thinking about how to stop receiving messages from the Whatsapp group without exiting. If you have come to this place, then it means that you are looking for some tips on how to stop receiving messages from WhatsApp groups without exiting.
I think you will get the solution here.
There is no need to worry about your privacy; in this article, we are going to discuss some of the effective tips to stop receiving messages from the WhatsApp groups without exiting.
I am sure by reading the article, you will be able to understand how to stop receiving messages from WhatsApp groups without exiting.
See Also: How to Disable Read Receipts in Whatsapp Group
Why Do You Need to Stop Receiving Messages From WhatsApp Group?
Imagine having to receive messages from all of the groups that you’re a member of. It can be very time-consuming.
If you stop receiving messages from the group, you will have more control over your time and what you read.
Also, it helps you to organize your WhatsApp group conversations in real-time.
What Happens When You Stop Receiving Messages From WhatsApp Group?
If you are using WhatsApp groups on daily basis, then there are some important benefits that come with it. It helps you to stay connected with your friends, get the latest information from the group in real-time.
When you stop receiving messages from WhatsApp, you will be caught off from some of the conversations happening in the group in real-time.
However, if the group is becoming toxic and not focused on the reason why it was created, you might want to stop receiving messages from it.
See Also: How to Delete Someone from WhatsApp Contact List
How To Stop Receiving Messages From WhatsApp Group Without Exiting
If you don’t want to receive messages from the WhatsApp group, the basic solution is to deactivate the group or leave the group.
However, this might be too harsh. You can follow the steps below to stop getting WhatsApp messages from group.
Mute The WhatsApp Group
To mute a WhatsApp group and stop receiving notifications each time a message is sent, follow the steps below:
- Launch your WhatsApp app
- Navigate to the WhatsApp group you want to mute
- For Android, proceed to click on the three-dot at the upper right corner. Then you will see the “Mute” button. For iOS, click on the group name, scroll down and you will see the “Mute” section
- Click on “Mute” to turn it on. You will be asked how long you wish to mute the group.
Note that when you mute a group notification on WhatsApp, it does not stop your phone from notifying you of new messages.
Once a new message comes in, you will get notified. Hence, you only have to read messages from members of a particular group.
See Also: How to Block Someone on WhatsApp Without Them Knowing
Archive the WhatsApp Group
Besides having to mute the WhatsApp group, there’s another way to stop receiving messages. Below is how you can archive a WhatsApp group to stop receiving messages.
- Launch your WhatsApp app
- Navigate to the WhatsApp group Section
- Tap and hold on to the group for a few seconds, then click on the “Archive” option at the upper right corner of your screen.
Following this guide on how to stop receiving messages from WhatsApp group without exiting, you will be able to control the number of messages that you get.
This gives you more privacy and also time to focus on what is relevant at every given time.
- Why Can’t I See Last Seen on WhatsApp
- How to Get Notification When Someone is Online on Facebook
- How to Cancel All Sent Follow Requests on Instagram
- How to Leave WhatsApp Group Without Notification
- TikTok Liked Videos Disappeared? Here’s Why & The Fix - October 23, 2022
- How to Find Unread Messages on Messenger - October 14, 2022
- How to Delete TikTok Account Without a Password - October 4, 2022
7 thoughts on “How To Stop Receiving Messages From WhatsApp Group Without Exiting”
Comments are closed.