We all know how frustrating it is when someone starts sending you messages on WhatsApp without you having seen them first.
It’s like having a secret admirer who wants to keep their identity hidden from you. Unfortunately, this is something you’re bound to come across at some point.
If you’ve ever been on the receiving end of such an unwelcome surprise, you know that you don’t always have a great option for dealing with it.
Luckily, WhatsApp has introduced the ability to block someone.
So, how do you block someone on WhatsApp without them knowing?
In this article, I will walk you though how to block someone on WhatsApp without them knowing and the best practices when it comes to blocking someone on WhatsApp.
Why is WhatsApp so Popular?
WhatsApp has become so popular as an instant messaging platform because:
- The user-friendly features it possesses.
- It comes without intrusive advertisement.
- The app only needs Wifi or your mobile phone data to establish an internet connection.
It’s without a doubt that I can say that with over the 1.5 billion people that use WhatsApp every day, there might probably be that one user’s message that you might be trying to avoid.
But then, the fear of them knowing that you’ve blocked them might stop you from taking that step. Hence the purpose of this guide.
Can I Block Someone on WhatsApp Without Them Knowing?
WhatsApp is one of the most used messaging apps worldwide, with over 2.1 billion monthly active users. The app has become an essential part of our daily lives, making it easy to communicate with friends and family.
With that said, blocking someone on WhatsApp can be done silently and without them knowing.
WhatsApp gives users full control over their privacy, so it’s up to the user to decide whether or not they want to block someone on WhatsApp.
Some people might be concerned about their privacy on WhatsApp, and some might not care at all.
If you’re concerened about your privacy on WhatsApp, you can take some steps to protect you. One of such steps is blocking users.
You can block someone on WhatsApp. Furthermore, you can block them without them knowing as WhatsApp does not notify them of your action.
Does People Get Notification When You Block Them on WhatsApp?
WhatsApp does not notify your contact when you block them. Hence, you can block anyone on WhatsApp without having to worry that they will be nofified of your action.
What Happens When You Block Someone on Whatsapp
Well, when you Block Someone on WhatsApp:
- You will not be able to send or receive messages from the person.
- Your status updates and profile picture will no longer be visible to the person you blocked.
- The blocked person will not also be able to either call you via voice or video calls on WhatsApp.
How To Block Someone On WhatsApp Without The Person Knowing
You can block someone on WhatsApp without them knowing on Amdroid and iPhone.
So, without any further ado, let’s explore how it’s done:
How to Block Someone on WhatsApp Without Them Knowing on Andrioid
If you’re an Android user, follow the steps below to block someone on WhatsApp:
- Launch the WhatsApp app
- Click on the utility button at the top right of your screen, and select the settings option
- Select account
- Click on privacy, take a scroll down, and tap on blocked contacts.
- To add a contact to your list of blocked contacts, click on the”add contact button” at the right top corner of your screen.
- Then go through your contact list and carefully select the contacts you want to block.
And that’s it. You’ve successfully added a new contact or contacts to the blocked list without them being notified.
Alternatively, you can also achieve same purpose by following the step below:
- Launch your WhatsApp app.
- Click on the utility button that’s situated at the top right part of your screen.
- Click on the “more” option and select Block.
- A message will come up, click on Ok.
How to Block Someone on WhatsApp Without Them Knowing on iPhone
To block someone on WhatsApp using iPhone, follow the steps below:
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Click on the button menu
- Then click on Settings>Account>Privacy>Blocked.
- Click on the “Add new ” button.
- A list of your WhatsApp contacts will appear, then you can easily scroll to the new contact you want to add to the Blocked list.
If it’s successful, the number will appear on your iPhone blocked list. It’s that simple.
How To Know If you’ve Been Blocked by Someone on WhatsApp
It’s quite easy to know this. You just have to be smart and also very observant. If someone blocks you on WhatsApp:
- Their last seen will no longer be visible to you.
- The messages you send won’t be delivered. The messages will be sent with one tick, but they won’t be delivered to the recipient.
- Both video and voice calls will not go through. (The calls will not ring and neither will the person get a missed call from you).
How To Block Someone On WhatsApp Without Opening Their Message
As funny as it might seem, some people might want to be that secretive.
They might want to block someone on WhatsApp, and at the same time don’t want to open the message(s) that have already been sent.
Is that possible? The answer is a resounding YES. Follow the steps below.
- Open the WhatsApp app
- Click on the menu button (The three dots at the top upper right section of your screen).The menu button icon might look different on different phones.
- Click on settings
- Select Account
- Click on Privacy
- Click on Blocked contacts.
- Tap on the add contact icon situated at the top right corner of your screen
- Click on the contact you want to block.
With the steps above, the contact will be blocked without you getting to open any message from the person.
How to Block Someone in a WhatsApp Group Without Them Knowing
Just in case you’re a member of a WhatsApp group, and unluckily for you, you have an annoying group member that keeps dropping silly comments on the group now and then.
Then if you want to block such a person, I’ll show you just how to.
With no stress, simply follow the steps below:
- Launch the WhatsApp app
- Tap on the ‘Group Info’ option in the group chat.
- Then click on ‘Group settings’.
- Take a stroll down to ‘members’.
- Click the blocked option that’s close to the name of the person you want to block.
How Will I know When I’ve Been Blocked on WhatsApp?
If you’ve been blocked on WhatsApp, you will not be able to see the person’s profile picture and status update again.
Your messages won’t be delivered and you also won’t be able to call him or her. When you put a voice or video calls across, it will not ring.
It’s easy to block someone on WhatsApp. However, do you think it’s possible to block someone on WhatsApp without their knowledge?
As you have seen, it is quite easy to block someone on WhatsApp without them knowing.
WhatsApp is a secure platform that does not notify people when you block them. Following this guide, you will be able to block someone on WhatsApp silently.