Instagram is the best platform to share and showcase your work. With the introduction of the new feature “Reels”, the company has made it easier for users to create and share their own reels.
The idea behind the new feature was to encourage people to upload their own content rather than just share photos or videos from other sources.
The feature was introduced in 2020, and it has already gained a lot of attention from users.
Also, the company claims that the feature is going to be more engaging than the regular content on Instagram. It allows users to upload their own content and showcase it to their audience.
The reels are also an excellent source of engagement for the users. You can interact with them and engage with your audience.
However, there is one problem with the feature – there is no way to see the history of the reels.
Well, that’s not entirely true.
You can get access to your Instagram reels watch history. So, you don’t need to worry about losing any of your audience.
In this article, we will tell you how to see the history of your Instagram reels.
Let’s get started.
Is it Possible to See History of Watched Videos on Instagram Reels?
Perhaps you’re able to remember the Instagram username of the person who posted the reel, you can possibly go to their profile by searching their names in the search bar.
From there, you will see the videos posted and locate the one you were previously watching. And if you’re already following the person on Instagram, it gets even easier.
It is also possible to not remember the Instagram username of the person but still remember the sound or effects used in the reel posted.
In such cases, you can search for the reel using these effects and sounds. However, this approach is rather complicated.
The first step is to search for the exact same sound, and if you’re able to find it, then you will have to browse through hundreds of reel videos to locate the one that you were looking for.
Hence, this option is almost impossible to get started.
Below are the different ways to check your Instagram reels video watch history.
How to Check Instagram Reels Watch History
There are a few different ways to check the history of the videos you watch on Instagram. They include:
Method 1: Download Your Instagram Account Data
Instagram stores all of your data including the reels videos that you watched and liked.
Hence, to view the list of the Instagram reels you have previously watched, you can download your Instagram account data.
You will have to request this data from Instagram. This can be done on different devices including iPhone, Android, and browsers.
Below is how to download your Instagram account data:
- Launch your Instagram app and sign in to your account.
- Tap on your profile icon at the bottom left section of your screen.
- Next, click on the three horizontal lines at the upper right corner of your profile page.
- Tap on the ”Settings” option from the displayed pop-up menu.
- On the settings page, click on “Security”.
- Navigate down and click on the ”Download Data” located in the ”Data and History” section.
- Proceed to input your Email Address connected to your Instagram account.
- Enter your ”Account Password” and click ”Next”.
- You will get a notification saying ”Your account data download request submitted successfully”. Instagram will begin to create a file of things you have previously posted, liked, and watched on Instagram.
- You will have to exercise patients as Instagram does not always send the link immediately. However, you should receive it within 48 hours of the business day via your email.
- Upon receipt of the email, proceed to download the zip file and exact the data using your smartphone or computer.
- Go to the content folder and open the reels.html file. Within this file, you will find the history of the reels you have watched on Instagram.
Method 2: Look at Your Saved Reels on Instagram
Instagram provides users with the opportunity to watch liked reels. Therefore, all the videos you like on reels will be automatically saved to your “liked videos” folder where you can watch them again later in future.
Most Instagram users find it more convenient to find saved reels than the liked reels. Therefore, you should consider saving the reels video that you have watched so you can access it later.
Below is how to find saved reels video on Instagram:
- Click on the small icon at the bottom right section of your screen.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines at the upper right corner of your page.
- Next, click on the ”Saved” option. Kaboom! You will see all your saved reels video so far.
Note: The saved reels videos are not separated from your normal saved Instagram posts, hence, you will have to find the videos among other saved posts.
Method 3: Browse through Your Liked Reels Videos
Similar to how you can view Instagram reels watch history via the saved feature on Instagram, likewise, you can watch the liked reels video.
To browse through your liked reels video, follow the steps below:
- Click on the profile icon at the button right section of your screen.
- Tap on the menu option on the top and select Settings.
- Next, click on accounts
- Then tap on posts you have liked. Here you will a list of all the posts that you have liked.
Note: You might find it challenging to find the particular reel as it is among other posts that you have also liked.
Instagram reels are an innovative way to connect with your followers. It’s the perfect place to share your latest work, and get the feedback you need to improve your craft.
Instagram reels have proven to be a great way to connect with your audience and get them to follow you.
This new feature is also a great way for you to keep track of your most-watched reels.
I hope this article on how to check Instagram reels watch history helped you save the Instagram reels and watch them over and over again.