For so many reasons, we have seen people delete their Instagram accounts and other social media platforms.
Why they do this is still what is yet to be known.
Some delete their Instagram account and later activate them for personal reasons. This is common among celebrities who may get into a fix and might want to stay off social media for some time.
Privacy too could be attached to it being the reason why people delete their Instagram accounts.
But how do you delete an Instagram account when you can’t remember your password?
This is why you are on this page right now – to learn how to get it done. However, this is what this article is all about.
So how to delete your Instagram account without a password?
In this article, I will guide you through on how to delete Instagram account without password and the best practices to follow when deleting an Instagram account.
How to Delete Instagram Account Without Password
When you want to delete your Instagram account, there are 3 ways to get it done, namely;
- The first way to delete your Instagram account is by logging into the account with a new/recovery password.
- The second way is to report the target account as fake and wait for the Instagram team to revert.
- The third way is by using the Instagram help center.
A detailed explanation of how these things work will be further explained below.
Delete Your Instagram with a Recovery Password
This is the first way you can delete your Instagram account. This is very easy to do – all you need to do is follow up on the instructions that would be drafted out in this article.
To delete your Instagram account, you would need to use this way to access your Instagram account with this method, “A new password”.
With the new password, it is much easier to delete your Instagram account. You can get this done by following this step below;
- Go to your delete account page If you are not already logged in on Instagram, you would have to log in first.
- Go to your dropdown menu icon and tap the button. Then re-enter your password.
- Click on permanently delete my account.
- Once you have gone through this process, after 30days your request to delete your account would be deleted permanently.
You will still have some things like your terms, legal issues, and damage prevention effort still saved on the server.
The second part of deleting your Instagram account without a password is by reporting the account as fake.
See Also: Why Can’t I Post on My Instagram Story?
Report the Instagram Account as Fake
This is another way to delete your Instagram account which is by reporting that it is fake and waiting for the Instagram team to revert by taking action.
So how do you do it? You don’t need to follow the steps mentioned above. You achieve this by doing directly which would be explained below;
- Tap on the profile of your Instagram account, this should be the account you have the intentions to delete.
- Tap the dot icon in the upper right corner and select the options report.
- Choose I believe that this account violates Instagram community guidelines.
- Select the account to be reported
- Choose the profile insinuating impersonation
- Select the ME to indicate the fake IG account is fake
After this is done, you will have to wait for Instagram to check your report on your IG account and take necessary actions.
This would take a while for Instagram to take action – but to get it done very fast, you will have to make a lot of people report that the account is fake to facilitate the speed to delete the account.
Use Instagram Help Center
There is another way to delete your Instagram account which is by contacting the help center.
To do this, go to your Instagram help center on your browser. In the search box, type the word “How to Delete my Instagram account”.
It will provide you with guidelines on the permanent deletion of your account.
There are some steps that you will have to follow to get this done. I will walk you through the following steps using these methods below;
- Open the Instagram help center page from Google Chrome on iPhone and Android phones.
- TAP on the Menu icon to see a drop-down of the options
- Click on the Manage Your Account
- Still, on the Manage Your Account, click on the delete your account from the notification settings section.
- Select the How do I delete my Instagram account?
- Scroll down to request the permanent deletion of your account, select and click on the delete your account link.
- This next step will ask you to log into your account, once it does, click on the forgotten password option.
- Enter your Username, email address, or Phone Number in the box that would be provided and tap SEND LOGIN LINK.
- You will be given a password reset link in your email address or phone number.
- Tap on the reset password link in your received mail and you will be redirected to where you can reset your password. Type the new password and activate.
- Return to the Delete Account Page, you will be asked for a login detail. Enter your username and password and tap login.
- Tap on the option “why do you want to delete” and you will see a dropdown list of reasons to choose from. Choose the option, “TROUBLE GETTING STARTED”.
- Enter your password to delete.
- Your account has been deleted successfully.
This might look too lengthy, but it is very easy and straightforward. Always bear in mind that your details are still on the server for at least 1 month, just in case you want to log in back into the account.
These are the best ways to delete your Instagram account whenever you want to get your account deleted.
It is always advisable to think about what would happen to your photos before deleting them.
You can save them in a safe folder before deleting them, just in case you think about re-activating your account and your photos back on the page.