Facebook has provided a feature that allows its users to lock their profile pictures if they wish to.
This way, the picture becomes private to those who are not in the category of persons permitted to see the picture. This gives a user the privilege of increased privacy.
On the receiving end, there are times when there seems to be a need to check out the profile picture of a user who has made their profile picture private.
In situations such as this, a few adjustments and tweaks will help you achieve this.
To discover different methods of viewing locked profile pictures, continue reading.
The first thing that is of utmost importance in viewing the locked profile picture of a user on Facebook is the Username or Profile ID/link of the person whose profile you wish to see.
How to Get the Profile Link of a Facebook Account
Learn how to get the profile link of the user whose profile you wish to see by following the steps that are provided below.
- Log into your Facebook account with your web browser.
- Locate the user whose profile picture is to be seen and click on the person to open the profile of the account.
- When the profile is opened, on any part of the page, do a right-click.
- From the options that will be made available, select the “View Page Source” option.
- Enter Control + F to open up the “Entity_ID” feature.
- Launch the Entity_ID to have access to the profile link of the user.
See Also: How to Track the Location of Someone’s Facebook Account
How to View Locked Facebook Profile Picture
There are a few ways to view a locked profile picture. After learning how to get the profile link, you can proceed to make use of any of the methods.
So, let’s get started with the Facebook locked profile picture viewer.
Searching for the Picture Using the Web Address (URL) of the Picture
You can view a locked profile picture by making use of the URL of the picture. You can search for the picture through the address bar by inputting the web address of the picture.
Follow the steps below to view a locked profile picture in this method.
Step 1: Launch your Facebook account.
With your web browser, log in to your Facebook account.
Step 2: Open the profile of the user
Search for the account of the user whose locked profile picture you wish to view. When you locate it, click on the name of the account to open the profile.
Step 3: Copy the URL of the picture
After opening the profile, on the locked profile picture, make a right-click. You will have the option of copying the URL of the picture. Select the option to have the web address (URL) duplicated.
Step 4: Search for the picture with the copied URL
Proceed to the address column to paste the copied URL. Afterwards, press the “Enter” button to commence the search for the picture.
After a few seconds, the locked profile picture will be displayed for you to see.
See Also: What Can Acquaintances See on Facebook
Deleting the Tags of the Sub-link to Permit Viewing of the Profile Picture
The simple modification of the sub-link by deleting the tags found in the sub-link can grant you access to a locked profile picture.
Here is how to carry out this method.
Step 1: Open your Facebook account
Using your web browser, open your Facebook account by logging in to it.
Step 2: Go to the profile of the user
Locate the account of the user whose locked profile picture you wish to see and click on the name of the account to open the profile.
Step 3: Choose to open the picture in a new tab
When you open the profile of the user, on the locked picture, make a right-click. Then, select the option of opening the picture on a fresh page.
Delete the tags in the sub-link such as s160×160. Afterwards, press the Enter button and the subsequent page that will be displayed will be the full size of the picture.
Make use of a magnifying link
You can copy and input the profile ID to a link to enable you to view the locked profile picture. Here is how to do this:
Step 1: Go to your Facebook account
With your web browser, open your Facebook account.
Step 2: Copy the profile ID of the user
Locate and open the profile of the account whose profile picture you wish to see. Copy the ID of the profile.
Step 3: Modify the link to serve your purpose
In the link- https://graph.facebook.com/username/picture?width=800, replace the “username” space with the copied profile ID. You can make use of a notepad to do this modification.
Step 4: Launch the modified link on a web browser
If you did the modification of the link somewhere else like a notepad, have the link copied and pasted in your browser.
Then, launch the link by clicking on the forward or search icon. This will enable you to view the locked picture.
Using an external application
Some platforms can help you see the profile picture of a user even while it is locked.
Most of the time, you will be required to go to the profile of the account and copy the link of the profile.
Thereafter, you will open the application or the platform and paste the profile link in the column for searching and opening licked profile pictures.
When this is enabled to search, the profile picture will be displayed as a result.
See Also: Does Facebook Notify When You Screenshot a Picture or Story
How to View Locked Facebook Profile Picture FAQs
Is there a Facebook locked profile picture viewer?
Yes, there is Facebook locked profile picture viewer. Following the steps above, you should be able to view a locked Facebook profile without challenges.
Can I view tagged pictures of a Facebook user?
It is possible to view a tagged picture of which you were not a part of the audience. Do the following to access such pictures.
How to View Tagged Pictures
- Launch your Facebook account.
- Open the profile of the user whom you are interested in seeing their tagged picture by clicking on their name.
- Copy the profile ID of the account.
- In the link- https://www.facebook.com/search/FACEBOOKID/photos of, have the “FACEBOOKID” replaced with the profile ID of the account.
- Then, click on the search icon to have the tagged pictures made visible to you.
Can I download a locked profile picture and view it from my device?
You can seek to see a locked profile picture in a basic viewing mode and then download it to your device. Here’s how to go about it:
- Open your Facebook account.
- Search for the user whose locked profile picture you wish to download.
- Open the profile of the person.
- On the top of the profile ie the URL section, add the word “mbasic” before the word Facebook in the URL link.
- Initiate a search and the picture will be displayed in a basic viewing mode.
- Press and hold onto the profile picture for some seconds.
- The download option will be displayed. Choose the option to have the picture downloaded.
Have you ever been in a position where you need to check the profile picture of a user?
You no longer have to be limited by a lock placed on the profile picture of a Facebook account in a situation where you need to access such a picture.
However, it is best to respect the privacy of people. You can become friends with a user on Facebook to have access to their otherwise locked profile picture.
- How to Hide and Unhide Messages on Facebook Messenger
- How to Remove Reels and Short Videos from Facebook
- How to Get Notification When Someone is Online on Facebook
- How to Delete Messenger Account Without Facebook Account
- How to Fix Your Account Has Been Locked on Facebook
- How to Send Anonymous Messages on Facebook
- TikTok Liked Videos Disappeared? Here’s Why & The Fix - October 23, 2022
- How to Find Unread Messages on Messenger - October 14, 2022
- How to Delete TikTok Account Without a Password - October 4, 2022
3 thoughts on “How to View Locked Facebook Profile Picture”
Comments are closed.